On October 1, 2016 People’s hosted a Grand Opening and Health Fair at the newly-built facility in Northeast Austin that provided resources and health services to nearly 800 visitors.
Thanks to help of 32 community partners and over 100 volunteers, People’s provided needed health services and resources to nearly 800 visitors, including:
- AIDS Services of Austin screened/tested 34 individuals and shared testing information with 60 people.
- Breast Cancer Resource Center arranged 6 free mammograms.
- Care Van screened 130 children, gave 109 flu shots, and gave 95 school shots.
- Kid’s Vision for Life/Essilor performed 33 eye exams, wrote 30 prescriptions, made 16 pairs of glasses on site, and 17 pairs will be specially made for difficult vision problems.
- The League of Women Voters took 22 voter registration applications.
- Seton Cancer Screenings spoke to about 50 people and has since had 2 women come in for cervical tests.
- Central Texas Food Bank provided cooking and nutrition classes to 50 people