People’s Community Clinic knows how to help people, but we need your help to do it.
Every day we see a pressing need to expand, to advance, to serve more patients, and to serve them more completely. A new facility will make this a reality. But we need your help. As the go-to health clinic for our most vulnerable citizens, People’s Community Clinic is singularly positioned to make a huge impact on thousands of lives. We invite you to join us in building the health of our community.
Located in Northeast Austin within one of the highest-poverty areas in Travis County, the new facility is in an area where nearly 50 percent of our current patients live. In both its design and services, the new building will encourage patient engagement, family involvement, and personal connections between care teams and patients – more than ever fulfilling our commitment to be a true medical home.
Our new clinic will increase patient access
- Increase number of individual patients served to 20,000 annually
- Be located in the neighborhood of our largest patient base
- Increase the current staff to nearly 250 members
- Increase provider visits to more than 80,000 per year
“It’s one of those projects that is the right thing to do for the good of the community.”
– Greg Kozmetsky, Chairman, President, and Treasurer, RGK Foundation
Our new clinic will expand programming and services
- Greater access to critical services: Chronic Disease Management, Integrated Behavioral Health and other special programs
- New classroom space for programs like prenatal group visits, cooking and nutrition classes
- Focus on highest-risk patients with services to our aging and adolescent populations
- Additional room for social work interns, nursing students, and medical residents to enhance their medical education
- Community space available to outside organizations for meetings, training and events
And enhance patient-centered care
- Larger exam rooms to adequately accommodate patients and family
- Wider hallways for ease of passage
- Comfortable waiting rooms
- Behind-the-scenes clinical space to facilitate communications among the care team
Founded in 1970 in the basement of a church, People’s Community Clinic has always taken care of people—families without health insurance, the working poor, those who need help to pay for healthcare. PCC is one of Texas’s oldest running independent primary care clinics. Our mission is to improve the health of medically underserved and uninsured Central Texans by delivering high quality, affordable healthcare with dignity and respect.
For more information call 512-684-1722.
Nona Niland, MD
Capital Campaign Chair
Regina Rogoff, JD
PCC Chief Executive Officer
PCC Director of Development