People’s Community Clinic is happy to accept many donations of medical and office supplies from the community. However, there are some items we are more in need of, and other items we cannot accept.
PCC Can Accept These Items Only:
- Diabetic Medical Equipment:
- TruePLUS 28G lancets
- Insulin syringes
- TrueTEST Test Strips
- 1, 2 and 3 cc syringes
- Only UNUSED, unopened Nipro brand TRUEResults blood glucometers
- Office Supplies:
- Post-It notes
- Paper clips
- Staplers, staples
- Office furniture
- Computer peripherals such as printers, mice, monitors
- Disposable Medical Equipment:
- Table paper and disposable patient drapes
- Powder-free non-sterile exam gloves
- Individually wrapped maxi pads, tampons
- Laboratory & Immunization Supplies:
- 3cc and 5cc syringes
- Cotton balls
- 21, 22, and 23 gauge needles
- Vacutainer sleeves
- 21, 22, 23 gauge vacutainer needles
- Gauze pads
- 1 to 3 milliliter plastic pipettes
- Bottles of isopropyl alcohol
- Blood specimen tubes (lavender, tiger and red-topped) that have not expired
- Sterile and non-sterile cups for urine specimens
- Breastfeeding and Nursing Supplies:
- Disposable Breast Pads
- Nursing pillows
- Baby slings
- Nursing stools
- Breast shields
- Nursing coverups
- Medical grade / Multi-user breast pumps (electric or manual) NO EVENFLO BRAND. Preferred brands are AMEDA AND MEDELA.
- Only UNUSED single user breast pumps can be accepted. No used single user breast pumps can be accepted.
- Other Items:
- Children’s books
- FLANNEL receiving blankets and bedsheets
PCC Cannot Accept These Items!
- Prescription and over the counter Medications
- Any Ostomy tubing, feeding tubing, tubing for any orifice, natural or otherwise
- Any items that have passed an expiration date
- Used toys
- Medical supplies with open packages
- Diagnostic testing supplies (such as blood glucose machines)
- IV supplies
- Durable medical equipment: wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, braces, splints
- Hospital-type equipment: hospital beds, specialty commodes, etc.
- Chux pads, adult diapers
- Nutritional supplements
**Please note, all donated medical supplies MUST be brand new, unexpired and in its original packaging.
Questions concerning in-kind donations can be addressed by contacting:
MJ Mendell, Giving Manager
512-684-1710 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatives: If you would like to donate a medical item that we cannot accept, please also try contacting one of these nonprofits: Seton Charities, the CommUnity Care Health Centers of Austin, Project MEND.